Friday, December 02, 2005

The Footblog!!

WEll its high time i started writing something about topics which are more relevant to my interests... Ever since i started this blog i have been tempted to write a lot about certain things in which i can claim that i have a decent amount of knowledge.. And the time has come now... Football has been much more than a passion ever since i began following it... I think i launched my footballing career when i was in my 9th standard i guess...

The statement made above is a highly misleading one... My so called footballing career doesnt necessarily mean that i play football as though my life depends on it.. Rather i am trying to drive the message that i started "Watching" football in my 9th... Hope that puts a rest to the hype i generated... But having said all this i must say that there was a time when i was watching football as though my life really depended on it.. I couldnt live without watching the English Premier League or La Liga or Serie A..

But now those days are well behind me... I have got used to the hard hitting fact that i cant watch football even in my house nowadays... All because of the stupid CAS thing that the "stupidddddddeeeeeeeeerrrrr" ( i regret the error in spellin!!) Indian Govt brought in... The only silver lining is that 8 months out of 12 i live away from Chennai which means i get to see at least a few of the important matches like the Champions League quarters, semis etc. but unfortunately not the finals... The thing that makes 1 mad is that the CAS thing prevails only in chennai and nowhere else in India... And all this continues to go on despite the fact that Mr. Dayanidhi Maran( a Chennaiite) is the Minister for Information and Broadcasting... How ironic??

Well i am just hoping that 1 fine day people will take notice of the hardships fellow football fans like me must be facing in chennai... As for more news on football i am planning to open a new foot"blog" soon... What do you say??


Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I guess its time for the I&B ministry to do a CASe study...

As for the footblog... I fully support you. Start writing about those balls... (pun unintended)

Who nows you may become to football what prem panicker(prempanix.blogspot.com) is to cricket....

all the best...


PS : ooooopadiyada?!! cheeeepane....

guess its hard to live without frequent emissions of those phrases...

I keep saying those senseless nothings to myself all the time... think I wont be losing the edge when we will return!! The blades will inherit the earth!!

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah man! 'kick' start the soccer thingy.

@rithwik: its 'sollavella' da! sure we'll inherit the earth and when we do, one of us prodigies has to ascend the throne-our BPGA is much more than our CGPA, isnt it? 3rd sem isnt improving that, so i say we start lobbying for the prodigal blade

6:10 PM  
Blogger ILL!uminatus!!! said...

@rithwik: hey wats up wid u?? I think its time u changed u r blog 2 goneloose.blogspot.com frm the earlier gearloose thingy... Carry it out soon b4 ppl start pourin in requests 2 do the same...

1:50 AM  
Blogger ILL!uminatus!!! said...

@xlnc: sollavella is a thing of the past... Its dead n buried... I guess u haven the DS effect yet... Drop in2 DS block nxt sem n u will knw the sorta blades v xp....

2:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home